Innovation & disruption, top trends on Day 1 of Total Facilities 2019
"Australia has some of the best performing assets in the world," according to NDY's Mark McKenna, who spoke in today's packed out education program. As we gear up for another insight driven day tomorrow, have a look back on what happened today on the show floor and what awaits you when you visit FM's most excellent environment.
Doors have just closed on day one of Sydney’s leading ‘one-stop’ facilities management event of the year: Total Facilities Expo, 20th-21st March at ICC Darling Harbour, Sydney. With visitor numbers exceeding the last Sydney event, industry players across the Facilities Management sector have reported a bumper day of networking, insights and product showcases.
“Unrivalled networking opportunities”, “industry-class exhibition”, “great speakers” were some of the buzzwords captured by both exhibitors and visitors at this dynamic industry forum presenting the largest showcase of innovative solutions, forward-thinking strategies and improved efficiencies and productivity in the built environment.
Combining a leading free education program with over 150 global and local brands proved to be a major drawcard to the facilities management industry’s greatest product showcase and industry speakers.
Sample of visitor comments:
- “Meeting industry leading suppliers, product manufacturers and distributors were really useful.”
- “It was great to see so many innovative providers to many sustainable and facilities management solutions.”
- “A really good cross-section of the industry.”
Sample of exhibitor comments:
- “This is our fourth time here. It’s such a unique market. It’s a great forum for us with excellent networking opportunities. Face-to-face contact with genuine clients is a key benefit.” BILLI
- “This is our first time exhibiting and there is a lot of interest. It’s great to see a range of exhibitors in the Smart Zone and there is a good buzz here.” MySmart
- “It’s such a great forum to launch new products such as our Smart Command.” Caroma
- “As a first-time exhibitor, we are enjoying chatting to our existing customers as well as connecting with potential ones.” Smart Commercial Solar
- “We are here because we love talking rubbish! We are chatting with so many interested people about our passion and our products.” Easi Recycling
Key highlights of day one:
- The Smart Zone, newly launched this year, is a thriving hub of innovation presenting new technologies and solutions for smarter, greener buildings. Some of the Smart Start-ups on show are FM Clarity, ClearVue, Groundfloor, and Parkable
- The future is here – industry experts Libby Sander and Tica Messing provided insights on leading edge workplace practices, with practical examples from the newest workplaces as well as discussion of trends in smart devices in the workplace, and the impact of AI and data monitoring on the workplace
- Smart tech: Director at Meshed IoT; Catherine Caruana McManus, discussed how smart technologies are providing valuable insights into building and business performance. She also talked about the role of the systems integrator and how it aligns with the FM function and how to maximise its value
Must-sees for Day Two
- Breakfast on Thursday 21st March hosted by CoreNet Global Australia Chapter. This ‘State of the Nation’ will be presented by Nerida Conisbee, Chief Economist at REA Group
- Net Zero Carbon – find out exactly what this means at the 10.45am session at the ERM Power Smart Buildings Theatre featuring industry leader Professor Tony Arnel who will share his insights on the complexities of net zero carbon and how targets can be achieved in practical terms
- Biophilic buy-in: this session features architect Claire Bowles and will explore how biophilic design is being incorporated into architectural briefs with diverse implications for facilities managers @1pm on the Business Solutions Stage
Don’t miss out on Day Two: Entry is free. Visitors can register here.